Friday, June 29, 2007

Missing Curve/End Coonector and Osnap Symbols?

So I had been hoping to get more posts out here quicker. Unfortunately, other tasks at work have kept me away from reviewing and posting some of the information I had learned at class.

Right now I am dealing with my wipeout blocks showing up correctly in modelspace and paperspace, but when you print and/or do a print preview they don't hide the stuff underneath them. This is quite frankly annoying. I am using them to place text on top of 1-line piping. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to drop a comment. This used to work...now it's stopped working. I just can't figure out why. It's not computer, drawing, or printer specific. I think I may have messed up some setting in my template and I can't figure out which one. I've gone through my notes and "un-did" those changes...it still doesn't work any more. WHY?! Sigh. Maybe I'll post this on AUGI and/or the Autodesk Subscription Center.

Today I had an interesting question...a user's osnap and end/curve connector symbols were not showing up. The pop-up text stating that you were on a curve connector (etc) did show up so we knew it was working, just not visual. here's how to fix this in case any of you run across this same problem.

Right click on the "osnap" button at the bottom and choose "settings".
Make sure you are in either the Osnap tab or the ABS Snap tab.
Click on the "Options" button.
You will now be in the options pop-up.
Make sure you are on the "Drafting" tab.
Under the "AutoSnap Settings" section make sure "Marker" is check marked.
Also I keep "magnet" and "display autosnap tooltip" checked as well.
Click "Ok" once you are done here.
You will be back in the Drafting settings pop-up.
Click "Ok".

No comments: