Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Water

It has been awhile since I have posted.
We've gotten our fair share of "fall-out" from the leftovers of Ike (nothing like those hit in TX though). Flash flood really does mean Flash flood!

I am working on a way to get a warning box to pop-up when our users try to open a dwg that is a different version than 07 (aka trying to ward off those people opening R14 dwgs in 07).

I've been busy attempting to piece together .lsp's and .dcl's to get this to work. I've even had someone mention to me to use a .scr file to obtain the results I am looking for.

I'll keep you all posted on what happens. It would be a cool tool if I can get it to do everything that I want it to do. I'd like it to state what version the dwg is that they are trying to open and have a button to cancel, ok, and read-only (which would convert it from the regular open to a read-only open)--tricky, eh? I also want it to know whether or not they tried opening it as read only.

If anyone out there knows of how to accomplish this successfully or is interested in helping or learning please post a comment and I'll be sure to contact you.

Thanks!

No comments: